Local Association of Scouters
The mission of an LAS is to support and encourage the efforts of those Lutheran congregations that have chosen to use Civic Youth Agency programs as a part of their youth ministry.
Local Associations often have a purpose related to the above functions that draws them together.
- Work with civic youth agencies and church congregations to develop good relationships
- Encourage additional Lutheran congregations, or groups, to use the civic youth programs as they fit in with their youth ministries
- Ensure that a Lutheran/Protestant chaplain is in place for the council camps and weekend events.
- Ensure that a proper chapel and program is available at local civic youth agency summer camps.
- Encourage young people to use the religious growth programs.
- Provide displays at civic youth agency events, District/Synod meetings and other opportunities to tell the story of religious emblems and the use of civic youth programs by Lutheran congregations
- Encourage Lutheran units to have trained leaders, especially CORs.
- Help Lutheran youth leaders understand their key role in ministering to the youth of their congregation and community
- Fellowship with other leaders
- Provide a Luthoree, Lutheran campout, or special retreats and gatherings as may support local Lutheran chartered units.
- Encourage churches to sponsor new units.
- Encourage youth to consider careers in ministry.
The NLAS contact for LASs is Trent Christian email