- The 2022 Annual Meeting of the National Lutheran Association on Scouting will be held on Saturday, July 30th at 1 pm Pacific time in Long Beach CA at the Long Beach Area Council Sea Base*.|
If you wish to attend, either in person or via zoom, please register with Tom Miller. He can be reached at email@example.com.
If you are planning on attending in person and can arrive the day before, we anticipate a no-host dinner on Friday night (exact time and location to be determined).
Exact location and zoom links will be provided to all those who register.
Please contact Tom via e-mail (above) or by phone at 714-746-5235 if you have any questions.
- The Summer Newsletter was published
- New resources on the “Lutheran Religious Recognitions: What They Are and How to Get Them” added to the Volunteers -> Resources and Youth pages.
- The NLAS 4 Star scholarship application has been posted under the Youth tab.
- The NLAS Summer Newsletter was published.
- The NLAS Annual Meeting was held during the Scouting in the Lutheran Church conference at Philmont Training Center on Monday July 12 at 7:00 PM MDT.
- A newsletter was sent to Leaders of units chartered to Lutheran churches Scouting in the Lutheran Church Spring 2021
- NLAS and the Girl Scouts of the USA have approved the new Lutheran Recognition of Excellence (LRE) for Girl Scouts. The award can be earned by GS Troops who are sponsored by a Lutheran congregation or other Lutheran organization. It consists of a certificate and ribbon for the Troop, and a patch for each member of the Troop (regardless of whether the girl is Lutheran). The certificate and ribbon are free, and the newly designed LRE patches are available for $3.50 each.
Attached is the GS LRE Application.
- With COVID-19 pandemic we are learning there are changing opportunities:
- PRAY offers some virtual learning resources here
documents-resources -> Virtual Learning.
- Earning the RP3 patches while at home https://www.facebook.com/
dutytogodbsa/photos/a. 1861613507384567/ 2554147054797872/?type=3& theater
- Gregory Rogahn posted an article about Kristin continuing to teach Jesus and Me online
photo.php?fbid= 10213804586668812&set=a. 2279643770515&type=3&theater
Lutheran Chaplains needed for 2022 BSA National Jamboree. Chaplains for 2022 BSA National Scout Jamboree
- NLAS sent a newsletter to Lutheran unit Scout leaders in January.
- NLAS through Judi Miller offers recognition certificates for Lutheran awards or for Scouting awards. Just make a request with this form (Make sure you click submit)